Written by: Nesin Billing Department
Thanksgiving Turkey, Christmas Pie and New Year Cheers are just around the corner. This also means that your deductible is too! Why is this important? Most insurance policies run on a calendar year, which means your benefits will reset and begin accumulating from $0 on January 1st. Deductibles and balances are the patient responsibility, and are due at time of services.
Be sure to watch for a new Patient Payment Agreement courtesy of the Billing Team here at Nesin Therapy Services. It’s our way of helping you understand your benefits and financial responsibility.
Since we know that insurance can be overwhelming sometimes, here are some of the terms you should know.
- Copay- A fixed amount ($20, ie) you are responsible for each visit.
- Deductible- The amount you pay before your insurance plan starts to pay.
- Coinsurance- The percentage amount (20%, ie ) you are responsible for after you pay your deductible.
- Out-of-pocket Maximum: The maximum amount you will spend out of pocket per year for your health services.
- In-network: This term refers to physicians and medical establishments that are covered under the insurance plan. These providers are generally the cheapest option for policyholders.
- Out-of-network: This term refers to physicians and medical establishments not covered under your insurance plan. Services from out-of-network providers are usually more expensive.
Understanding your Balance
You can pay your balance by going online to your patient portal on our websites, coming in person to our clinics, or mailing in payments. You can also contact our billing team for questions, concerns or to make a payment at 256-489-3760 or email us at email@example.com.